Checklist for Maintainers
Before the ICS web can be made public, there are a number of duties
which must be carried out by personnel of the Informatics Department.
Many of these will become obvious through browsing through the
'empty' ICS web - for example: altering some of the mailto: links or
sample paragraphs etc.
The following list explicitly states further tasks. Not all of
these tasks need necessarily be completed in order to have an
- Insert the correct information into the degrees page.
- Insert the correct information into the modules page.
- Insert the correct links into the research page.
- Complete the Erasmus section.
- Complete the section on how students can publish web pages.
- Write a program which will automatically maintain the web index.
- Write a program which searches for members of the department.
- Write a program to cope with the user feedback.
- Publicise the web. That is, register it with search engines etc.
- Create a map giving directions to the department.
- Information presented on the ICS
web should ideally be kept up-to-date at all times. The 'Maintained
by:' line at the bottom of each page will hopefully aid this
process. The development
description contains more information about this.